Weybridge forms a portion of those lands which were granted by the United States to officers and soldiers of the Virginia line on Continental Establishment under an act entitled “Act To Enable The Officers And Soldiers Of The Virginia Line On Continental Establishment To Obtain Titles to Certain Lands Lying North-West Of The River Ohio, Between The Little Miami and Sciota” on August 10, 1790.
The land comprised 888 2/3 acres and was given to James Holt and John Graham (from Richmond, Virginia) as part of a military warrant on June 17, 1795. James Holt served as a Lieutenant for three years. John Graham came to the United States from Scotland.
Walter and Robert Dunn were named as executors of John Graham’s will. In January of 1842, Walter and Robert agreed to transfer the land to George Dunn for the sum of $7,725. In 1855, George Dunn built the homestead presently standing at 8055 Dublin Road.
In 1872, the Washington plot map shows the land owned by George Dunn was divided. 445 1/2 acres went to John Dunn and contained the homestead. The remainder of land, 300 acres, went to James Dunn. The land owned by the Dunn family was used to raise livestock, wheat, corn and apple trees. Other uses were farm oriented. It is known that they owned horses at some point.
In 1968, Jack Nicklaus teamed up with prominent architects, designers, and builders to fulfill his dream: convert an unspoiled rural area outside the village of Dublin, Ohio, into a world-renowned golf club and living community.
The result was the Muirfield Village Golf Club, which hosts the annual Memorial Golf Tournament, and the premier residential community of Muirfield Village. The long vistas, woodlands, streams, lakes, and open areas have been good neighbors to hundreds of families for more than 40 years.