Monday is Memorial Day, a day when we honor the men and women of the United States Armed Forces who gave their lives in service of our country. While we won’t be able to get together to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice, we can still honor them while staying safe:
- Place an American flag in your yard; if you have a flagpole, fly the flag at half-mast until noon
- Observe the national Moment of Remembrance by pausing for one minute at 3 PM
- Send a letter of thanks to a veteran or a care package to a soldier
- Create patriotic crafts for your home or chalk art outside
- Make a red, white and blue recipe
- Watch a patriotic movie
Thank you to all those selfless Americans and their families who gave so much to protect our country.