UPDATE: The City of Dublin has canceled the formal bridge opening event, as well as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, over concerns generated by risks of spreading the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
It’s finally here! The City of Dublin is proud and excited to announce the opening of the new pedestrian bridge over the Scioto River. The bridge will open with a community celebration and dedication event on March 13, 2020. It will be part of an exciting weekend in Dublin, which will include the Greenest, Grandest St. Patrick’s Day Parade on March 14.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, March 13th:
- 7 PM: DJ/music in two designated viewing locations (Bridge Park Avenue between Riverside Dr. and Longshore Street and North Riverview Street)
- 8 PM: Grand Illumination (bridge illumination, special effects, and light show)
- 8:30 PM: Bridge is open to the public
- 8-11 PM: Choreographed light shows on the bridge
Saturday, March 14th:
- All Day: Bridge open to the public
- 7-11 PM: Choreographed light shows on the bridge
*Free parking in the public garage next to the library and Bridge Park garages.